GRAND RAPIDS – Under construction along Michigan Street, the 14-story Helen Devos Children’s Hospital expansion will add 440,000 square-feet of space to the city’s Medical Mile, a collection of health care and research facilities. ..
The federal stimulus money is slowly starting to put Americans to work. ..
The head of the AFL-CIO Building Trades Department, who generally speaks on behalf of all the group’s affiliated unions, last month urged Congress to blend universal health care coverage in the U.S. with existing Taft-Hartley rules plans that currently cover all building trades union workers. ..
LANSING – These are lean, lean times in Michigan for the highway building industry. And they’re not much better around the country, either. ..
TRAVERSE CITY – Air handlers and related fixtures for a major expansion project at Munson Medical Center are being deftly handled by Sheet Metal Workers Local 7 members. ..
- GOP rebukes Rep. Inman calls for his resignation after extortion charge
- Muskegon County, city, rescind prevailing wage
- 'Right-to-work' term deserves to be wrapped in quotations, journalists' bible says
- Down on the farm: more solar going up?
- There's a real link between suicide and construction
- NMU sees new energy with Northern Center
- News Briefs
- Painters have Mackinac Bridge covered
- GOP lawmaker indicted for alleged bribe over prevailing wage vote in 2018
- Whitmer urges DOL to widen eligibility for worker overtime wages