The nation’s union presidents, led by AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka and Change To Win Chair Joe Hansen, emphasized the positive impact of mobilizing tens and hundreds of thousands of union members nationwide for politics in the bitterly contested Wisconsin gubernatorial recall, downplaying the fact their candidate, Democratic Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett, lost to Right Wing GOP Gov. Scott Walker. ..
LANSING – The courts are tossing up roadblocks to stop at least some of the Republican agenda against organized labor in Michigan. ..
LANSING – More than double the amount of signatures necessary have been gathered by the Protect Our Jobs Coalition, which almost assuredly means that there will be a proposal on the Nov. 6 ballot to enshrine union rights in the Michigan Constitution. ..
BLOOMFIELD HILLS – When Gregor and Elizabeth Affleck commissioned Frank Lloyd Wright to design a house for them, they wrote to the renowned architect: “We have seen the other houses and we don’t like them and we like yours.” ..
Gov. Rick Snyder and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper announced June 15 an agreement that lays the groundwork for the New International Trade Crossing, a move that Snyder said “positions Michigan to thrive in the global economy” while protecting the state from shouldering the project’s costs. ..
Some arguments can best be won with the opportune use of a good example. ..
DETROIT – Erected in 1974, the nondescript office building at Third and Abbott streets has certainly housed an eclectic range of tenants over its lifetime. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin