The nation’s union presidents, led by AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka and Change To Win Chair Joe Hansen, emphasized the positive impact of mobilizing tens and hundreds of thousands of union members nationwide for politics in the bitterly contested Wisconsin gubernatorial recall, downplaying the fact their candidate, Democratic Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett, lost to Right Wing GOP Gov. Scott Walker. ..
LANSING – The courts are tossing up roadblocks to stop at least some of the Republican agenda against organized labor in Michigan. ..
LANSING – More than double the amount of signatures necessary have been gathered by the Protect Our Jobs Coalition, which almost assuredly means that there will be a proposal on the Nov. 6 ballot to enshrine union rights in the Michigan Constitution. ..
BLOOMFIELD HILLS – When Gregor and Elizabeth Affleck commissioned Frank Lloyd Wright to design a house for them, they wrote to the renowned architect: “We have seen the other houses and we don’t like them and we like yours.” ..
Gov. Rick Snyder and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper announced June 15 an agreement that lays the groundwork for the New International Trade Crossing, a move that Snyder said “positions Michigan to thrive in the global economy” while protecting the state from shouldering the project’s costs. ..
Some arguments can best be won with the opportune use of a good example. ..
DETROIT – Erected in 1974, the nondescript office building at Third and Abbott streets has certainly housed an eclectic range of tenants over its lifetime. ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved