Governmental red tape, the lack of money for enforcement and the complete absence of political will to enforce state and federal laws are taking money out of pockets of Michigan construction workers, and work away from union contractors. ..
How can the rate of death and injury in highway traffic zones be reduced? ..
Some sorely needed electrical generating capacity is on the way in Michigan, in the form of the 710-megawatt Dearborn Industrial Generation plant across the street from the Ford-Rouge and Rouge Steel complex. ..
It's a good time to be a polar bear or a frog at the Detroit Zoo. ..
At a time when the health hazards of all kinds of construction industry substances are being called into question - substances like drywall dust, lead, silica, and most recently, sawdust - health experts are reminding Hardhats to take extra caution before they give the spouse and kids a hug upon returning home. ..
Phil Kowynia, Jr. didn't think he could beat out a national pool of talent in the Sheet Metal Workers National Apprenticeship Contest as a second-year apprentice in 1999 - and he was right. ..
- GOP rebukes Rep. Inman calls for his resignation after extortion charge
- Muskegon County, city, rescind prevailing wage
- 'Right-to-work' term deserves to be wrapped in quotations, journalists' bible says
- Down on the farm: more solar going up?
- There's a real link between suicide and construction
- NMU sees new energy with Northern Center
- News Briefs
- Painters have Mackinac Bridge covered
- GOP lawmaker indicted for alleged bribe over prevailing wage vote in 2018
- Whitmer urges DOL to widen eligibility for worker overtime wages