The current firestorm that has erupted as a result of the enactment of the “Show Me Your Papers” law in Arizona has further enflamed the already contentious debate about illegal immigration. ..
The leadership of the Michigan Regional Carpenters Council (MRCC) has opted to end a 14-year split and re-affiliate with the Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council, effective immediately. ..
HAMPTON TWP. – Consumers Energy’s Karn-Weadock Generating Complex – which has employed thousands of building trades workers performing various projects over the past few decades – is playing the host again. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) – The recession is officially over, but the nation is in a so-called economic recovery that “only a statistician could love,” with long-tem unemployment, way more job-seekers than jobs, and jobless benefits acting as a poor man’s stimulus for the economy. ..
(PAI) – The Occupational Safety and Health Administration “will use not just our normal inspection system, but regulation by shaming” against notorious job safety and health violators, its administrator says. ..
DETROIT – When it comes to early detection of and getting treating for asbestos-related diseases, the Karmanos Cancer Center has the seal of approval of the International Association of Heat and Frost Insulators. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin