The current firestorm that has erupted as a result of the enactment of the “Show Me Your Papers” law in Arizona has further enflamed the already contentious debate about illegal immigration. ..
The leadership of the Michigan Regional Carpenters Council (MRCC) has opted to end a 14-year split and re-affiliate with the Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council, effective immediately. ..
HAMPTON TWP. – Consumers Energy’s Karn-Weadock Generating Complex – which has employed thousands of building trades workers performing various projects over the past few decades – is playing the host again. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) – The recession is officially over, but the nation is in a so-called economic recovery that “only a statistician could love,” with long-tem unemployment, way more job-seekers than jobs, and jobless benefits acting as a poor man’s stimulus for the economy. ..
(PAI) – The Occupational Safety and Health Administration “will use not just our normal inspection system, but regulation by shaming” against notorious job safety and health violators, its administrator says. ..
DETROIT – When it comes to early detection of and getting treating for asbestos-related diseases, the Karmanos Cancer Center has the seal of approval of the International Association of Heat and Frost Insulators. ..
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades
- News Briefs
- Advocates urge expansion of OT pay rule
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?