Signature gatherers are expected to be fanning out across Michigan this summer, asking registered voters to sign a petition intended to repeal the Prevailing Wage Act of 1965. ..
By Dr. Dale Belman
Professor, Michigan State University
School of Labor and Industrial Relations ..
LANSING - A great majority of the state's Republican lawmakers want to repeal the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act of 1965. ..
LANSING – Should state law trump local law when it comes to governments setting prevailing and minimum wages, sick time rules or other employee benefits? ..
When we last asked that question about six months ago following an industry survey by the Associated General Contractors, the answer was "maybe." It depended on geographic location, industry sector and whether a shortage, if any, was seen as short-term or long-term. ..
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades
- News Briefs
- Advocates urge expansion of OT pay rule
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?