Signature gatherers are expected to be fanning out across Michigan this summer, asking registered voters to sign a petition intended to repeal the Prevailing Wage Act of 1965. ..
By Dr. Dale Belman
Professor, Michigan State University
School of Labor and Industrial Relations ..
LANSING - A great majority of the state's Republican lawmakers want to repeal the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act of 1965. ..
LANSING – Should state law trump local law when it comes to governments setting prevailing and minimum wages, sick time rules or other employee benefits? ..
When we last asked that question about six months ago following an industry survey by the Associated General Contractors, the answer was "maybe." It depended on geographic location, industry sector and whether a shortage, if any, was seen as short-term or long-term. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin