Eight building trades leaders split with AFL-CIO over support for green PAC; and 'anti-energy cronies'
By Mark Gruenberg
PAI Staff Writer ..
LANSING - It's confirmed: the petition drive to repeal the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act of 1965 is over for 2016. ..
LANSING - Michigan municipalities that have had a prevailing wage law in place prior to Dec. 31, 2014 can keep it: that's the upshot of a May 17 ruling by the Michigan Supreme Court. ..
Organized labor is liking – and the ruling congressional right wing Republicans are slamming – the new final overtime pay rule the Labor Department announced on May 18. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin