Eight building trades leaders split with AFL-CIO over support for green PAC; and 'anti-energy cronies'
By Mark Gruenberg
PAI Staff Writer ..
LANSING - It's confirmed: the petition drive to repeal the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act of 1965 is over for 2016. ..
LANSING - Michigan municipalities that have had a prevailing wage law in place prior to Dec. 31, 2014 can keep it: that's the upshot of a May 17 ruling by the Michigan Supreme Court. ..
Organized labor is liking – and the ruling congressional right wing Republicans are slamming – the new final overtime pay rule the Labor Department announced on May 18. ..
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center
- Got milk? At Prairie Farms, it will be 'ultra' cold and long-lasting
- Producing national champs is getting routine for Local 169
- The union advantage elevates safety, too
- News Briefs
- Holiday events and activities mark Labor's day in Michigan
- Governor's race is labor's best chance to have impact again
- Beaumont, trades bring new vitality to former Botsford campus
- We must support candidates who will stand up for working men and women