Eight building trades leaders split with AFL-CIO over support for green PAC; and 'anti-energy cronies'
By Mark Gruenberg
PAI Staff Writer ..
LANSING - It's confirmed: the petition drive to repeal the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act of 1965 is over for 2016. ..
LANSING - Michigan municipalities that have had a prevailing wage law in place prior to Dec. 31, 2014 can keep it: that's the upshot of a May 17 ruling by the Michigan Supreme Court. ..
Organized labor is liking – and the ruling congressional right wing Republicans are slamming – the new final overtime pay rule the Labor Department announced on May 18. ..
- Trump's NLRB again widens independent contractor rule
- State attorney general to review petition gathering restrictions
- WCCCD, trades, build space to play, learn and workout
- U.S. construction cost hikes are worrisome
- Persistent malaise vexes U.S. union membership
- News Briefs
- Lawsuit to reset prevailing wage law on hold in courts
- Fresh start for state governor, lawmakers, hopefully labor, too
- Last wintertime auto show bittersweet for display builders
- Unlikely RTW repeal measures introduced