Eight building trades leaders split with AFL-CIO over support for green PAC; and 'anti-energy cronies'
By Mark Gruenberg
PAI Staff Writer ..
LANSING - It's confirmed: the petition drive to repeal the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act of 1965 is over for 2016. ..
LANSING - Michigan municipalities that have had a prevailing wage law in place prior to Dec. 31, 2014 can keep it: that's the upshot of a May 17 ruling by the Michigan Supreme Court. ..
Organized labor is liking – and the ruling congressional right wing Republicans are slamming – the new final overtime pay rule the Labor Department announced on May 18. ..
- Union voters help themselves on Election Day
- Marijuana legalization raises questions only the courts will answer
- State's new pot law lights up a few tokens of interest...
- BWL's substation offers high-voltage good looks
- Hopefully, just a little dip for Michigan construction
- We're still talking about putting asbestos in building products?!
- News Briefs
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades