By Mark Gruenberg
PAI Staff Writer ..
By Mark Gruenberg
PORT SHELDON TWP. - Another outage, another collection of kudos for the men and women in the building trades who made repairs to J.H. Campbell Unit 2 at Consumers Energy's J.H. Campbell Generating Complex in Ottawa County. ..
LANSING - A watered-down version of the "Hire Michigan First" package of bills was adopted on a bipartisan basis by the Michigan Senate on May 7 - but state Democrats said plenty of work still needs to be done before the legislation reaches its full potential. ..
By Dick Meister ..
The value of new construction starts fell 1% in April to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of $386.6 billion, according to a May 19 report from McGraw-Hill Construction. The drop was due to a slower pace for public works construction, which had been lifted in March by the start of several large pipeline and rail projects. ..
PONTIAC - A century-old house that will be a home to post-foster care kids is slowly being renovated, and when it's complete, it will have added fire protection and proper wiring, thanks in good part to union trades and their contractors. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin