By Mark Gruenberg
PAI Staff Writer ..
By Mark Gruenberg
PORT SHELDON TWP. - Another outage, another collection of kudos for the men and women in the building trades who made repairs to J.H. Campbell Unit 2 at Consumers Energy's J.H. Campbell Generating Complex in Ottawa County. ..
LANSING - A watered-down version of the "Hire Michigan First" package of bills was adopted on a bipartisan basis by the Michigan Senate on May 7 - but state Democrats said plenty of work still needs to be done before the legislation reaches its full potential. ..
By Dick Meister ..
The value of new construction starts fell 1% in April to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of $386.6 billion, according to a May 19 report from McGraw-Hill Construction. The drop was due to a slower pace for public works construction, which had been lifted in March by the start of several large pipeline and rail projects. ..
PONTIAC - A century-old house that will be a home to post-foster care kids is slowly being renovated, and when it's complete, it will have added fire protection and proper wiring, thanks in good part to union trades and their contractors. ..
- Pelosi, building trades seek compromise on green construction that won't kill jobs
- Supreme Court sustains legal option for falsely accused jobless claimants
- Union contracts supercede medical/sick leave, comp time laws
- U.S. construction moves past rough patch
- Trades succeeding at EMU Success Center
- News Briefs
- ABC training remains consistent: They've been a constant failure
- EMU's Sill Hall ready for a reno
- 'We are going to build the tunnel' Maybe not Whitmer, Nessel slam brakes on Line 5 tunnel
- Proposed overtime pay rule has Chamber's fingerprints all over it