LANSING – A Michigan Court of Appeals ruling on May 28 upheld a 22-year-old prevailing wage ordinance in the City of Lansing that has ramifications in municipalities across Michigan. ..
LANSING – Michigan’s minimum wage will rise from $7.40 per hour to $9.20 by 2017, in bipartisan, compromise legislation signed by Gov. Rick Snyder on May 27. ..
LANSING – While workers in Michigan enjoyed some rare good news with the passage of a higher statewide minimum wage, the legislative process revealed a bare-knuckled GOP political move that could prove costly to Democratic candidates, or perhaps Republicans – in the November general election. ..
LANSING – Half a billion… $1.3 billion… do we hear $1.7 billion? ..
U.S. construction through the first four months of the year came in at $158 billion, a level “slightly ahead of last year’s pace,” according to McGraw Hill Construction. ..
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center
- Got milk? At Prairie Farms, it will be 'ultra' cold and long-lasting
- Producing national champs is getting routine for Local 169
- The union advantage elevates safety, too
- News Briefs
- Holiday events and activities mark Labor's day in Michigan
- Governor's race is labor's best chance to have impact again
- Beaumont, trades bring new vitality to former Botsford campus
- We must support candidates who will stand up for working men and women