We reported in March that a new and improved federal standard to improve sanitary facilities on construction job sites is "dead in the water," according to an OSHA representative. ..
While Michigan's Hardhats may not get any immediate help from the state in improving construction sanitation standards, the trades and MIOSHA have put their heads together with the headache ball. ..
DELTA TWP. - By the first quarter of next year, General Motors will have a plant that can't be touched when it comes to bending and shaping automotive sheet metal. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - The Senate on May 23 passed Fast Track legislation, 66-30, rejecting most pro-worker amendments along the way. ..
A trio of union-built Michigan projects were honored for excellence in steel construction in the 2002 Steel Systems Excellence Awards. ..
Ground was broken May 17 on the Michigan Labor Legacy Project in Detroit, which will be a public work of art that will honor working men and women, describe labor's heritage and "inspire the public with labor's vision for the future," according to project president Gerald Banton. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction