We reported in March that a new and improved federal standard to improve sanitary facilities on construction job sites is "dead in the water," according to an OSHA representative. ..
While Michigan's Hardhats may not get any immediate help from the state in improving construction sanitation standards, the trades and MIOSHA have put their heads together with the headache ball. ..
DELTA TWP. - By the first quarter of next year, General Motors will have a plant that can't be touched when it comes to bending and shaping automotive sheet metal. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - The Senate on May 23 passed Fast Track legislation, 66-30, rejecting most pro-worker amendments along the way. ..
A trio of union-built Michigan projects were honored for excellence in steel construction in the 2002 Steel Systems Excellence Awards. ..
Ground was broken May 17 on the Michigan Labor Legacy Project in Detroit, which will be a public work of art that will honor working men and women, describe labor's heritage and "inspire the public with labor's vision for the future," according to project president Gerald Banton. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin