We reported in March that a new and improved federal standard to improve sanitary facilities on construction job sites is "dead in the water," according to an OSHA representative. ..
While Michigan's Hardhats may not get any immediate help from the state in improving construction sanitation standards, the trades and MIOSHA have put their heads together with the headache ball. ..
DELTA TWP. - By the first quarter of next year, General Motors will have a plant that can't be touched when it comes to bending and shaping automotive sheet metal. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - The Senate on May 23 passed Fast Track legislation, 66-30, rejecting most pro-worker amendments along the way. ..
A trio of union-built Michigan projects were honored for excellence in steel construction in the 2002 Steel Systems Excellence Awards. ..
Ground was broken May 17 on the Michigan Labor Legacy Project in Detroit, which will be a public work of art that will honor working men and women, describe labor's heritage and "inspire the public with labor's vision for the future," according to project president Gerald Banton. ..
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center
- Got milk? At Prairie Farms, it will be 'ultra' cold and long-lasting
- Producing national champs is getting routine for Local 169
- The union advantage elevates safety, too
- News Briefs
- Holiday events and activities mark Labor's day in Michigan
- Governor's race is labor's best chance to have impact again
- Beaumont, trades bring new vitality to former Botsford campus
- We must support candidates who will stand up for working men and women