A workplace hazard at popcorn plants, of all places, was used to illustrate OSHA's agonizingly slow process of setting safety standards on the job. ..
MARQUETTE - Northern Michigan University students had to be out of their Van Antwerp Hall rooms on May 5, just after the end of the winter semester. ..
The number of illegal immigrants in the U.S. has grown to nearly 5 percent of the U.S. working population, or 12 million workers, according to a report last year by the Pew Hispanic Center. And about 20 percent of that population works in construction. ..
Tradesman Viewpoint ..
By Michael B. Serling ..
The second annual Benjamin Franklin Memorial Poker Run will be held starting at with registration at 10 a.m. on Saturday, July 28 at the Lansing Plumbers and Pipe Fitters Local 333 union hall.
The motorcycle ride is held in memory of Benjamin Tyler Franklin, who died at age three of cerebral palsy. He's the son of Plumbers and Pipe Fitters Local 333 secretary April Franklin and Iron Workers Local 25 member Benjamin Franklin. ..
- Trump's NLRB again widens independent contractor rule
- State attorney general to review petition gathering restrictions
- WCCCD, trades, build space to play, learn and workout
- U.S. construction cost hikes are worrisome
- Persistent malaise vexes U.S. union membership
- News Briefs
- Lawsuit to reset prevailing wage law on hold in courts
- Fresh start for state governor, lawmakers, hopefully labor, too
- Last wintertime auto show bittersweet for display builders
- Unlikely RTW repeal measures introduced