A workplace hazard at popcorn plants, of all places, was used to illustrate OSHA's agonizingly slow process of setting safety standards on the job. ..
MARQUETTE - Northern Michigan University students had to be out of their Van Antwerp Hall rooms on May 5, just after the end of the winter semester. ..
The number of illegal immigrants in the U.S. has grown to nearly 5 percent of the U.S. working population, or 12 million workers, according to a report last year by the Pew Hispanic Center. And about 20 percent of that population works in construction. ..
Tradesman Viewpoint ..
By Michael B. Serling ..
The second annual Benjamin Franklin Memorial Poker Run will be held starting at with registration at 10 a.m. on Saturday, July 28 at the Lansing Plumbers and Pipe Fitters Local 333 union hall.
The motorcycle ride is held in memory of Benjamin Tyler Franklin, who died at age three of cerebral palsy. He's the son of Plumbers and Pipe Fitters Local 333 secretary April Franklin and Iron Workers Local 25 member Benjamin Franklin. ..
- Union voters help themselves on Election Day
- Marijuana legalization raises questions only the courts will answer
- State's new pot law lights up a few tokens of interest...
- BWL's substation offers high-voltage good looks
- Hopefully, just a little dip for Michigan construction
- We're still talking about putting asbestos in building products?!
- News Briefs
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades