Why is this recession so deep, and what can be done to reverse it? ..
LANSING – Michigan is in line to get about $7 billion in federal stimulus money, but it’s probably going to take months to figure out how it’s all going to be spent. ..
WASHINGTON – It’s a new day at the U.S. Department of Labor, which was criticized during the Bush years as a lapdog for the business community rather than a guard dog for the interests of American workers. ..
SAGINAW TWP. - Increased sewer capacity is in the pipeline at the township's Southwest Wastewater Treatment Plant, where the building trades are at work. ..
(PAI) – An AFL-CIO statement has given the green light to ongoing talks designed to reunify the nation’s competing union federations. As approved by the AFL-CIO Executive Council in Miami on March 4, the statement says “now is the time to bring the union movement back together.” ..
- Trump's NLRB again widens independent contractor rule
- State attorney general to review petition gathering restrictions
- WCCCD, trades, build space to play, learn and workout
- U.S. construction cost hikes are worrisome
- Persistent malaise vexes U.S. union membership
- News Briefs
- Lawsuit to reset prevailing wage law on hold in courts
- Fresh start for state governor, lawmakers, hopefully labor, too
- Last wintertime auto show bittersweet for display builders
- Unlikely RTW repeal measures introduced