WASHINGTON (PAI) - With a boost from the new Democratic majority, the House passed the Employee Free Choice Act, designed to help level the playing field between workers and managers in organizing and bargaining, on March 1. The vote was 241-185. Democrats favored it 228-2, while 13 Republicans voted for it and 183 against. ..
By Mark Gruenberg
PAI Staff Writer ..
ANN ARBOR - Building trades workers are in fine form at the new Washtenaw Community College Health and Fitness Center. ..
The Bush Administration and the Army Corps of Engineers are apparently not inclined to recommend the movement of federal money to build a new $340 million lock in Sault Ste. Marie. ..
The state permitting process for a proposed $100 million investment in the Kennecott Eagle Project Mine in Marquette County has come to an abrupt pause. ..
LANSING - The Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council marks a milestone this month: 50 years of service to the state unionized construction workforce. ..
- Holiday events and activities mark Labor's day in Michigan
- 'A lot to like' about major new development in Kalamazoo
- News Briefs
- Tell the DOL: Hands off building trades apprenticeships
- Weaker apprenticeship standards loom with new review by DOL
- Organized labor is no fan of new DOL secretary
- Put 'Michigan Jobs First,' says Whitmer directive
- Head's up: 'safety helmets' may be headed to your jobsite
- News Briefs
- Roncelli, trades undertake expansion for McLaren Macomb