WASHINGTON (PAI) - With a boost from the new Democratic majority, the House passed the Employee Free Choice Act, designed to help level the playing field between workers and managers in organizing and bargaining, on March 1. The vote was 241-185. Democrats favored it 228-2, while 13 Republicans voted for it and 183 against. ..
By Mark Gruenberg
PAI Staff Writer ..
ANN ARBOR - Building trades workers are in fine form at the new Washtenaw Community College Health and Fitness Center. ..
The Bush Administration and the Army Corps of Engineers are apparently not inclined to recommend the movement of federal money to build a new $340 million lock in Sault Ste. Marie. ..
The state permitting process for a proposed $100 million investment in the Kennecott Eagle Project Mine in Marquette County has come to an abrupt pause. ..
LANSING - The Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council marks a milestone this month: 50 years of service to the state unionized construction workforce. ..
- Whitmer to building trades: ‘We put labor back where it belongs with a real seat at the table’
- Saved! Deluge of public comments sustain trades' apprenticeship programs
- State's new labor agency chief: 'organized labor helped build the middle class'
- Unions have one of our own at state labor agency
- Mackinac Straits Line 5 tunnel plans on course, Enbridge says
- Construction employment, spending, up to start 2020
- New McLaren hospital on the rise in Lansing
- News Briefs
- Trump seeks end to collective bargaining for Defense workers
- Big pension challenges remain on Capitol Hill