LANSING - Like it or not, the political fortunes and the very existence of much of organized labor - as unsettled as they are - are nearly completely in the hands of Republican lawmakers in Michigan and in Washington D.C. ..
Building trades' McGarvey: Changing times bring changing strategies 'people on the other side of the aisle can help us'
Strategists in the Democratic Party were playing checkers. Strategists in the Republican Party were playing chess. ..
ROCHESTER - More room for students to live on campus is on the way to Oakland University. ..
U.S. construction spending got off on the wrong foot in 2017, falling one percent from December to January. But spending was up 3.1 percent compared to January 2016. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin