LANSING - Like it or not, the political fortunes and the very existence of much of organized labor - as unsettled as they are - are nearly completely in the hands of Republican lawmakers in Michigan and in Washington D.C. ..
Building trades' McGarvey: Changing times bring changing strategies 'people on the other side of the aisle can help us'
Strategists in the Democratic Party were playing checkers. Strategists in the Republican Party were playing chess. ..
ROCHESTER - More room for students to live on campus is on the way to Oakland University. ..
U.S. construction spending got off on the wrong foot in 2017, falling one percent from December to January. But spending was up 3.1 percent compared to January 2016. ..
- Pelosi, building trades seek compromise on green construction that won't kill jobs
- Supreme Court sustains legal option for falsely accused jobless claimants
- Union contracts supercede medical/sick leave, comp time laws
- U.S. construction moves past rough patch
- Trades succeeding at EMU Success Center
- News Briefs
- ABC training remains consistent: They've been a constant failure
- EMU's Sill Hall ready for a reno
- 'We are going to build the tunnel' Maybe not Whitmer, Nessel slam brakes on Line 5 tunnel
- Proposed overtime pay rule has Chamber's fingerprints all over it