LANSING – The pending closure of the Electrolux plant – which makes Frigidaire refrigerators in Greenville – is the latest poster child for job losses in Michigan. Our state has lost 185,000 manufacturing jobs since 1999 – the same number of hourly plant workers employed by Daimler-Chrysler and General Motors combined. ..
Michigan’s statewide unemployment rate improved a full percentage point to 6.6 percent from January to December . But it is still well above the national jobless rate of 5.6 percent, placing our state among the highest in terms of unemployment rates in the nation. ..
One of the largest capital improvement projects at the Lansing Board of Water and Light’s Erickson Station powerhouse in the last two decades is now taking place, and the building trades are all over it. ..
Outsourcing jobs in the U.S. construction industry is now officially a trend. ..
Cable television. Telephone service. Now, electricity. ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center