LANSING – The pending closure of the Electrolux plant – which makes Frigidaire refrigerators in Greenville – is the latest poster child for job losses in Michigan. Our state has lost 185,000 manufacturing jobs since 1999 – the same number of hourly plant workers employed by Daimler-Chrysler and General Motors combined. ..
Michigan’s statewide unemployment rate improved a full percentage point to 6.6 percent from January to December . But it is still well above the national jobless rate of 5.6 percent, placing our state among the highest in terms of unemployment rates in the nation. ..
One of the largest capital improvement projects at the Lansing Board of Water and Light’s Erickson Station powerhouse in the last two decades is now taking place, and the building trades are all over it. ..
Outsourcing jobs in the U.S. construction industry is now officially a trend. ..
Cable television. Telephone service. Now, electricity. ..
- Trump's NLRB again widens independent contractor rule
- State attorney general to review petition gathering restrictions
- WCCCD, trades, build space to play, learn and workout
- U.S. construction cost hikes are worrisome
- Persistent malaise vexes U.S. union membership
- News Briefs
- Lawsuit to reset prevailing wage law on hold in courts
- Fresh start for state governor, lawmakers, hopefully labor, too
- Last wintertime auto show bittersweet for display builders
- Unlikely RTW repeal measures introduced