LANSING – The pending closure of the Electrolux plant – which makes Frigidaire refrigerators in Greenville – is the latest poster child for job losses in Michigan. Our state has lost 185,000 manufacturing jobs since 1999 – the same number of hourly plant workers employed by Daimler-Chrysler and General Motors combined. ..
Michigan’s statewide unemployment rate improved a full percentage point to 6.6 percent from January to December . But it is still well above the national jobless rate of 5.6 percent, placing our state among the highest in terms of unemployment rates in the nation. ..
One of the largest capital improvement projects at the Lansing Board of Water and Light’s Erickson Station powerhouse in the last two decades is now taking place, and the building trades are all over it. ..
Outsourcing jobs in the U.S. construction industry is now officially a trend. ..
Cable television. Telephone service. Now, electricity. ..
- Union voters help themselves on Election Day
- Marijuana legalization raises questions only the courts will answer
- State's new pot law lights up a few tokens of interest...
- BWL's substation offers high-voltage good looks
- Hopefully, just a little dip for Michigan construction
- We're still talking about putting asbestos in building products?!
- News Briefs
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades