LANSING – The pending closure of the Electrolux plant – which makes Frigidaire refrigerators in Greenville – is the latest poster child for job losses in Michigan. Our state has lost 185,000 manufacturing jobs since 1999 – the same number of hourly plant workers employed by Daimler-Chrysler and General Motors combined. ..
Michigan’s statewide unemployment rate improved a full percentage point to 6.6 percent from January to December . But it is still well above the national jobless rate of 5.6 percent, placing our state among the highest in terms of unemployment rates in the nation. ..
One of the largest capital improvement projects at the Lansing Board of Water and Light’s Erickson Station powerhouse in the last two decades is now taking place, and the building trades are all over it. ..
Outsourcing jobs in the U.S. construction industry is now officially a trend. ..
Cable television. Telephone service. Now, electricity. ..
- GOP rebukes Rep. Inman calls for his resignation after extortion charge
- Muskegon County, city, rescind prevailing wage
- 'Right-to-work' term deserves to be wrapped in quotations, journalists' bible says
- Down on the farm: more solar going up?
- There's a real link between suicide and construction
- NMU sees new energy with Northern Center
- News Briefs
- Painters have Mackinac Bridge covered
- GOP lawmaker indicted for alleged bribe over prevailing wage vote in 2018
- Whitmer urges DOL to widen eligibility for worker overtime wages