LANSING - Passage of a one-cent sales tax increase would permanently render $1.2 billion more every year for road and bridge repairs in Michigan. Those are the basic numbers involving Proposal 1, which will appear on the May 5 statewide special election ballot. But they only touch the surface. ..
Labor's durability may key on friending a few GOP moderates: 'Politics is not a marriage. It's a business.'
LANSING - You may have heard once or twice from labor leaders over the last couple of decades that the next election is "the most important of our lifetime." ..
By Mark Gruenberg
PAI Staff Writer ..
- Prevailing wage repeal a done deal: Court rejects all union challenges
- Fiat Chrysler to pump $4.5B in SE Michigan
- Old Man Winter won't stop expansion of Ojibwa Casino
- Public sector unions try new strategies in post-Janus world
- Nagging national right-to-work law pops up in Congress, again
- News Briefs
- New Congress, but no clear path for multiemployer pension reform
- Whitmer puts people front and center in State of the State
- Steel's up at UM-Dearborn Engineering Lab Building
- Construction in 2019 gets up on the right side of the bed