LANSING - Passage of a one-cent sales tax increase would permanently render $1.2 billion more every year for road and bridge repairs in Michigan. Those are the basic numbers involving Proposal 1, which will appear on the May 5 statewide special election ballot. But they only touch the surface. ..
Labor's durability may key on friending a few GOP moderates: 'Politics is not a marriage. It's a business.'
LANSING - You may have heard once or twice from labor leaders over the last couple of decades that the next election is "the most important of our lifetime." ..
By Mark Gruenberg
PAI Staff Writer ..
- Dual pipeline lawsuits bring to a head the fate of Line 5 Tunnel
- A new pipeline is the 'only viable and safest plan' for replacing the existing Line 5
- Cancer treatment getting its own, new building at Henry Ford Health System
- Attorney General Nessel's office puts heat on payroll cheats
- U.S. Supreme Court declines to change rules on redistricting
- News Briefs
- Breath test offers new path for lung disease patients
- 'Undo and screw' case for minimum wage and leave time in Supreme Court's lap
- AFL-CIO chief pushes 'New NAFTA' - with worker protections
- Marine Memorial complete; table set for the 'Fallen 22'