LANSING - Passage of a one-cent sales tax increase would permanently render $1.2 billion more every year for road and bridge repairs in Michigan. Those are the basic numbers involving Proposal 1, which will appear on the May 5 statewide special election ballot. But they only touch the surface. ..
Labor's durability may key on friending a few GOP moderates: 'Politics is not a marriage. It's a business.'
LANSING - You may have heard once or twice from labor leaders over the last couple of decades that the next election is "the most important of our lifetime." ..
By Mark Gruenberg
PAI Staff Writer ..
- Trades respond, fume, as public comment period ends for IRAPs
- NLRB seals the deal: Employers can fire workers who don't agree to arbitration
- Decision on overtime pay reduction about to hit workers
- Construction activity: 'No sign of letting up'
- Bills aim to reduce fraud vs. workers
- New survey highlights, again, national construction worker shortage
- Holiday events and activities mark Labor's day in Michigan
- 'A lot to like' about major new development in Kalamazoo
- News Briefs
- Tell the DOL: Hands off building trades apprenticeships