LANSING – The former J.W. Knapp’s Department Store has anchored the downtown corner of Washtenaw Street and Washington Square since it was completed in 1937. But the building almost has the look of a 1930s streamliner locomotive ready to pull itself out of its foundations. ..
STERLING HTS. – The IBEW Local 58– NECA Electrical Industry Training Center received a prestigious Macomb Business Award last month, honoring the staff and facility as a “Champion of Workforce Development.” ..
ORLANDO, Fla. (PAI) – AFL-CIO unions had 8,384,725 members in calendar year 2012, down 70,317 (less than 1 percent) from the year before, figures distributed last month to the federation’s Executive Council showed. ..
LANSING – State Republican lawmakers plotting to repeal the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act aren’t letting the facts get in the way of anti-union ideology. ..
LANSING – Many unemployed building trades union workers in Michigan now have some clarity on how to best fill out their application to obtain jobless benefits. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin