LANSING – The former J.W. Knapp’s Department Store has anchored the downtown corner of Washtenaw Street and Washington Square since it was completed in 1937. But the building almost has the look of a 1930s streamliner locomotive ready to pull itself out of its foundations. ..
STERLING HTS. – The IBEW Local 58– NECA Electrical Industry Training Center received a prestigious Macomb Business Award last month, honoring the staff and facility as a “Champion of Workforce Development.” ..
ORLANDO, Fla. (PAI) – AFL-CIO unions had 8,384,725 members in calendar year 2012, down 70,317 (less than 1 percent) from the year before, figures distributed last month to the federation’s Executive Council showed. ..
LANSING – State Republican lawmakers plotting to repeal the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act aren’t letting the facts get in the way of anti-union ideology. ..
LANSING – Many unemployed building trades union workers in Michigan now have some clarity on how to best fill out their application to obtain jobless benefits. ..
- Pelosi, building trades seek compromise on green construction that won't kill jobs
- Supreme Court sustains legal option for falsely accused jobless claimants
- Union contracts supercede medical/sick leave, comp time laws
- U.S. construction moves past rough patch
- Trades succeeding at EMU Success Center
- News Briefs
- ABC training remains consistent: They've been a constant failure
- EMU's Sill Hall ready for a reno
- 'We are going to build the tunnel' Maybe not Whitmer, Nessel slam brakes on Line 5 tunnel
- Proposed overtime pay rule has Chamber's fingerprints all over it