MIAMI (PAI) – Interrupted frequently by applause and occasional ovations, Vice President Joseph Biden reiterated the Obama Administrations agreement with the nation’s union movement on key goals, including health care reform, industrial revitalization and passage of the Employee Free Choice Act. ..
(PAI) – By a 53%-39% margin, Americans support the key concept of the Employee Free Choice Act — making it easier for unions to organize – but 65% follow the issue very little or not at all, a new poll shows. ..
LIVONIA – Madonna University’s new Science and Media Building is approaching completion, and it will be the school’s first standalone building erected on campus in 40 years. ..
OXBOW, Mich. – Installation of a new water turbine on Unit 3 of Consumers Energy’s Hardy Dam on the Muskegon River was completed this month, resulting in a 600-kilowatt upgrade in energy from the unit. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction