WASHINGTON – The first major hurdle in a deal to extend federal long-term jobless benefits has been overcome, with a March 13 agreement by a bipartisan group of Senators. ..
DETROIT – Just in time for the start of the 2014 baseball season, the building trades this week were wrapping up a $4 million makeover of Comerica Park’s Pepsi Porch in right field. ..
One of the largest cranes in North America is operating at the Humboldt Mill, which is the largest construction employer in the state. ..
WASHINGTON – While polls show the American public is slowly warming to the Affordable Care Act, union leaders continue to have little stomach for it. ..
LANSING – Multiemployer pension plans such as those that cover the building trades unions are in better financial positions compared to the dark, dark economic times of the U.S. economy in 2009. But there has been little momentum toward improvement of funds since 2011. ..
WASHINGTON – North America’s Building Trades Unions President Sean McGarvey said “the stars are now aligned for us” to improve market share through alliances with the business community that strive for cooperation, collaboration and inclusion. ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center