LANSING - Hoping not to lose the smidgen of influence that they have in state government, building trades union reps in Michigan will continue to work behind the scenes with legislators to make sure the agenda of workers is heard in an anti-worker atmosphere. ..
About 67 percent of Michigan's union voters voted for Al Gore in the Nov. 7 election, a historically high percentage which impressed pundits across the country, and was a model for how organized labor was able to get out the vote on Election Day. ..
It may take an additional $500 million to get it right, but the Renaissance Center is finally becoming the building that everyone hoped it would be when it opened in 1977. ..
Tradesman Viewpoint ..
When it comes to jokes and funny stories, most of us hear them, have a laugh, maybe pass them along once or twice, and then forget them. ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center