LANSING - Hoping not to lose the smidgen of influence that they have in state government, building trades union reps in Michigan will continue to work behind the scenes with legislators to make sure the agenda of workers is heard in an anti-worker atmosphere. ..
About 67 percent of Michigan's union voters voted for Al Gore in the Nov. 7 election, a historically high percentage which impressed pundits across the country, and was a model for how organized labor was able to get out the vote on Election Day. ..
It may take an additional $500 million to get it right, but the Renaissance Center is finally becoming the building that everyone hoped it would be when it opened in 1977. ..
Tradesman Viewpoint ..
When it comes to jokes and funny stories, most of us hear them, have a laugh, maybe pass them along once or twice, and then forget them. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin