GRAND RAPIDS – Republican Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney came to Michigan the day after Valentine’s Day, but he wasn’t showing any love for the state’s union members. ..
“The Labor Educator” ..
EAST LANSING – They’re calling it an addition, but the added space that’s being constructed at Wells Hall on the Michigan State University campus needs a better term to describe it. Perhaps a cap? Or a crown? ..
LANSING – It was bad enough for the state’s workers when Gov. Rick Snyder signed a Republican-backed bill last March 28, which made Michigan the first state in history to reduce Unemployment Insurance benefits, from 26 to 20 weeks. ..
Dave Austin has joined the staff of the Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council’s Detroit office, serving as business representative. ..
BATTLE CREEK – The transformation of the Lane Thomas Building on the Kellogg Community College campus is nearly complete. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin