GRAND RAPIDS – Republican Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney came to Michigan the day after Valentine’s Day, but he wasn’t showing any love for the state’s union members. ..
“The Labor Educator” ..
EAST LANSING – They’re calling it an addition, but the added space that’s being constructed at Wells Hall on the Michigan State University campus needs a better term to describe it. Perhaps a cap? Or a crown? ..
LANSING – It was bad enough for the state’s workers when Gov. Rick Snyder signed a Republican-backed bill last March 28, which made Michigan the first state in history to reduce Unemployment Insurance benefits, from 26 to 20 weeks. ..
Dave Austin has joined the staff of the Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council’s Detroit office, serving as business representative. ..
BATTLE CREEK – The transformation of the Lane Thomas Building on the Kellogg Community College campus is nearly complete. ..
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades
- News Briefs
- Advocates urge expansion of OT pay rule
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?