The case for raising construction industry wages was made a little more strenuously last month in an analysis of nationwide pay trends from 1991-2000. ..
Editor's note: Mr. Clack was invited to speak to the Michigan Building Trades Council Legislative Conference last month about workers' asbestosis legal rights. We asked him to write a column so he could inform a wider audience. ..
The AFL-CIO Building and Construction Trades Department is hot on the trail of Labor Ready - a nationwide temporary employer that puts to work thousands of low-paid, nonunion construction workers every day. ..
In 1975, The Engineering News Record called it "one of the greatest design and construction achievements of our time." ..
One of the largest nonunion mechanical contractors in the state has been forced to get along with a significant reduction in their workforce. ..
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center
- Got milk? At Prairie Farms, it will be 'ultra' cold and long-lasting
- Producing national champs is getting routine for Local 169
- The union advantage elevates safety, too
- News Briefs
- Holiday events and activities mark Labor's day in Michigan
- Governor's race is labor's best chance to have impact again
- Beaumont, trades bring new vitality to former Botsford campus
- We must support candidates who will stand up for working men and women