The case for raising construction industry wages was made a little more strenuously last month in an analysis of nationwide pay trends from 1991-2000. ..
Editor's note: Mr. Clack was invited to speak to the Michigan Building Trades Council Legislative Conference last month about workers' asbestosis legal rights. We asked him to write a column so he could inform a wider audience. ..
The AFL-CIO Building and Construction Trades Department is hot on the trail of Labor Ready - a nationwide temporary employer that puts to work thousands of low-paid, nonunion construction workers every day. ..
In 1975, The Engineering News Record called it "one of the greatest design and construction achievements of our time." ..
One of the largest nonunion mechanical contractors in the state has been forced to get along with a significant reduction in their workforce. ..
- GOP rebukes Rep. Inman calls for his resignation after extortion charge
- Muskegon County, city, rescind prevailing wage
- 'Right-to-work' term deserves to be wrapped in quotations, journalists' bible says
- Down on the farm: more solar going up?
- There's a real link between suicide and construction
- NMU sees new energy with Northern Center
- News Briefs
- Painters have Mackinac Bridge covered
- GOP lawmaker indicted for alleged bribe over prevailing wage vote in 2018
- Whitmer urges DOL to widen eligibility for worker overtime wages