The case for raising construction industry wages was made a little more strenuously last month in an analysis of nationwide pay trends from 1991-2000. ..
Editor's note: Mr. Clack was invited to speak to the Michigan Building Trades Council Legislative Conference last month about workers' asbestosis legal rights. We asked him to write a column so he could inform a wider audience. ..
The AFL-CIO Building and Construction Trades Department is hot on the trail of Labor Ready - a nationwide temporary employer that puts to work thousands of low-paid, nonunion construction workers every day. ..
In 1975, The Engineering News Record called it "one of the greatest design and construction achievements of our time." ..
One of the largest nonunion mechanical contractors in the state has been forced to get along with a significant reduction in their workforce. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin