The ORR’s recommendations fit hand in hand with the strategy of state Republican lawmakers and Gov. Rick Snyder, who have made it a state policy to help the business community grow at the expense of workers. Living up to its name, what the ORR is recommending would, in fact, reinvent MIOSHA. ..
On March 14, House Bill 4601 was voted out of the Senate Reforms Committee and will be taken up soon by the full Senate. The bill would limit the liability of certain “successor companies” in the sale or use of asbestos-related products. ..
LANSING – Organized labor leaders have high expectations that they have the right cards in hand to conduct a successful petition drive and then win a pro-worker ballot proposal on the Nov. 6 general election. ..
That’s the word from the Associated General Contractors of America, which reported March 20 that construction employment fell during that period in nearly a third of the nation’s 337 metro areas. The employment numbers jibe with the slow rate of construction spending (see Short Cuts article). ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved