The ORR’s recommendations fit hand in hand with the strategy of state Republican lawmakers and Gov. Rick Snyder, who have made it a state policy to help the business community grow at the expense of workers. Living up to its name, what the ORR is recommending would, in fact, reinvent MIOSHA. ..
On March 14, House Bill 4601 was voted out of the Senate Reforms Committee and will be taken up soon by the full Senate. The bill would limit the liability of certain “successor companies” in the sale or use of asbestos-related products. ..
LANSING – Organized labor leaders have high expectations that they have the right cards in hand to conduct a successful petition drive and then win a pro-worker ballot proposal on the Nov. 6 general election. ..
That’s the word from the Associated General Contractors of America, which reported March 20 that construction employment fell during that period in nearly a third of the nation’s 337 metro areas. The employment numbers jibe with the slow rate of construction spending (see Short Cuts article). ..
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades
- News Briefs
- Advocates urge expansion of OT pay rule
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?