LANSING - Last December's passage of the "School Safety Initiative" by Michigan lawmakers had the noble goal of protecting school children from any potentially dangerous contract workers who may have business in school buildings. ..
KALAMAZOO - Bronson Methodist Hospital and the building trades are moving dirt, performing demolition and getting started on a $50 million campus expansion program that will accommodate a 34 percent increase in inpatient growth in recent years at the hospital. ..
LANSING - There always seem to be a state lawmaker or two willing to make the perennial push to make Michigan a right-to-work state. ..
Recovering from a devastating fire, a popular Mackinaw City pizzeria which also served as home to a private museum dedicated to those who built the famous Mackinac Bridge is expected to reopen in July. ..
Refereeing a hockey game, it turns out, is a bit like plumbing a building. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin