LANSING - Last December's passage of the "School Safety Initiative" by Michigan lawmakers had the noble goal of protecting school children from any potentially dangerous contract workers who may have business in school buildings. ..
KALAMAZOO - Bronson Methodist Hospital and the building trades are moving dirt, performing demolition and getting started on a $50 million campus expansion program that will accommodate a 34 percent increase in inpatient growth in recent years at the hospital. ..
LANSING - There always seem to be a state lawmaker or two willing to make the perennial push to make Michigan a right-to-work state. ..
Recovering from a devastating fire, a popular Mackinaw City pizzeria which also served as home to a private museum dedicated to those who built the famous Mackinac Bridge is expected to reopen in July. ..
Refereeing a hockey game, it turns out, is a bit like plumbing a building. ..
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades
- News Briefs
- Advocates urge expansion of OT pay rule
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?