LANSING - A package of bills that would restore lost income, fees and penalties to people falsely accused of unemployment insurance fraud was introduced last month by Democrats in the state Legislature. Republicans are looking at fixing the mess, too. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI)—It went nowhere in the prior, Republican-run Congress, but House Democrats who specialize in workers’ issues have reintroduced their bill to strengthen the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. ..
EAST LANSING - Civil construction of the most powerful rare isotope accelerator in the world is nearing substantial completion. ..
The cost of materials and services used in the nation's construction industry rose markedly faster than the price of completed buildings, according to a new analysis of federal producer price data released Feb. 14 by the Associated General Contractors of America. ..
Construction workers have a big stake in the prevention, detection, treatment and cure of mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin