(By Tony Trupiano) ..
Few people in Michigan are crazy about raising the sales tax by a penny, even if passage of Proposal 1 on May 5 means raising at least $1.2 billion more in money for roads and added dollars to fund education. ..
In the last century Michigan led the nation toward wider acceptance of labor unions, higher wages and the concept of collective bargaining. Now, Michigan is leading the nation away from all that. ..
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, one of the GOP’s leading candidates for the presidential nomination, linked protesting union members in his home state with the ISIS terrorist group. ..
PHILADELPHIA (PAI) -- Barack Obama wasn't the only president who addressed the shrunken ranks of U.S. House Democrats when they retreated to Philadelphia late last month to lick their wounds from last November's election and plan party strategy. AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka did, too – and he didn't pull punches. He offered initial praise, then a tongue-lashing. ..
- GOP rebukes Rep. Inman calls for his resignation after extortion charge
- Muskegon County, city, rescind prevailing wage
- 'Right-to-work' term deserves to be wrapped in quotations, journalists' bible says
- Down on the farm: more solar going up?
- There's a real link between suicide and construction
- NMU sees new energy with Northern Center
- News Briefs
- Painters have Mackinac Bridge covered
- GOP lawmaker indicted for alleged bribe over prevailing wage vote in 2018
- Whitmer urges DOL to widen eligibility for worker overtime wages