(By Tony Trupiano) ..
Few people in Michigan are crazy about raising the sales tax by a penny, even if passage of Proposal 1 on May 5 means raising at least $1.2 billion more in money for roads and added dollars to fund education. ..
In the last century Michigan led the nation toward wider acceptance of labor unions, higher wages and the concept of collective bargaining. Now, Michigan is leading the nation away from all that. ..
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, one of the GOP’s leading candidates for the presidential nomination, linked protesting union members in his home state with the ISIS terrorist group. ..
PHILADELPHIA (PAI) -- Barack Obama wasn't the only president who addressed the shrunken ranks of U.S. House Democrats when they retreated to Philadelphia late last month to lick their wounds from last November's election and plan party strategy. AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka did, too – and he didn't pull punches. He offered initial praise, then a tongue-lashing. ..
- Trump's NLRB again widens independent contractor rule
- State attorney general to review petition gathering restrictions
- WCCCD, trades, build space to play, learn and workout
- U.S. construction cost hikes are worrisome
- Persistent malaise vexes U.S. union membership
- News Briefs
- Lawsuit to reset prevailing wage law on hold in courts
- Fresh start for state governor, lawmakers, hopefully labor, too
- Last wintertime auto show bittersweet for display builders
- Unlikely RTW repeal measures introduced