(By Tony Trupiano) ..
Few people in Michigan are crazy about raising the sales tax by a penny, even if passage of Proposal 1 on May 5 means raising at least $1.2 billion more in money for roads and added dollars to fund education. ..
In the last century Michigan led the nation toward wider acceptance of labor unions, higher wages and the concept of collective bargaining. Now, Michigan is leading the nation away from all that. ..
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, one of the GOP’s leading candidates for the presidential nomination, linked protesting union members in his home state with the ISIS terrorist group. ..
PHILADELPHIA (PAI) -- Barack Obama wasn't the only president who addressed the shrunken ranks of U.S. House Democrats when they retreated to Philadelphia late last month to lick their wounds from last November's election and plan party strategy. AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka did, too – and he didn't pull punches. He offered initial praise, then a tongue-lashing. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin