(By Tony Trupiano) ..
Few people in Michigan are crazy about raising the sales tax by a penny, even if passage of Proposal 1 on May 5 means raising at least $1.2 billion more in money for roads and added dollars to fund education. ..
In the last century Michigan led the nation toward wider acceptance of labor unions, higher wages and the concept of collective bargaining. Now, Michigan is leading the nation away from all that. ..
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, one of the GOP’s leading candidates for the presidential nomination, linked protesting union members in his home state with the ISIS terrorist group. ..
PHILADELPHIA (PAI) -- Barack Obama wasn't the only president who addressed the shrunken ranks of U.S. House Democrats when they retreated to Philadelphia late last month to lick their wounds from last November's election and plan party strategy. AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka did, too – and he didn't pull punches. He offered initial praise, then a tongue-lashing. ..
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center
- Got milk? At Prairie Farms, it will be 'ultra' cold and long-lasting
- Producing national champs is getting routine for Local 169
- The union advantage elevates safety, too
- News Briefs
- Holiday events and activities mark Labor's day in Michigan
- Governor's race is labor's best chance to have impact again
- Beaumont, trades bring new vitality to former Botsford campus
- We must support candidates who will stand up for working men and women