(By Tony Trupiano) ..
Few people in Michigan are crazy about raising the sales tax by a penny, even if passage of Proposal 1 on May 5 means raising at least $1.2 billion more in money for roads and added dollars to fund education. ..
In the last century Michigan led the nation toward wider acceptance of labor unions, higher wages and the concept of collective bargaining. Now, Michigan is leading the nation away from all that. ..
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, one of the GOP’s leading candidates for the presidential nomination, linked protesting union members in his home state with the ISIS terrorist group. ..
PHILADELPHIA (PAI) -- Barack Obama wasn't the only president who addressed the shrunken ranks of U.S. House Democrats when they retreated to Philadelphia late last month to lick their wounds from last November's election and plan party strategy. AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka did, too – and he didn't pull punches. He offered initial praise, then a tongue-lashing. ..
- Holiday events and activities mark Labor's day in Michigan
- 'A lot to like' about major new development in Kalamazoo
- News Briefs
- Tell the DOL: Hands off building trades apprenticeships
- Weaker apprenticeship standards loom with new review by DOL
- Organized labor is no fan of new DOL secretary
- Put 'Michigan Jobs First,' says Whitmer directive
- Head's up: 'safety helmets' may be headed to your jobsite
- News Briefs
- Roncelli, trades undertake expansion for McLaren Macomb