(By Tony Trupiano) ..
Few people in Michigan are crazy about raising the sales tax by a penny, even if passage of Proposal 1 on May 5 means raising at least $1.2 billion more in money for roads and added dollars to fund education. ..
In the last century Michigan led the nation toward wider acceptance of labor unions, higher wages and the concept of collective bargaining. Now, Michigan is leading the nation away from all that. ..
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, one of the GOP’s leading candidates for the presidential nomination, linked protesting union members in his home state with the ISIS terrorist group. ..
PHILADELPHIA (PAI) -- Barack Obama wasn't the only president who addressed the shrunken ranks of U.S. House Democrats when they retreated to Philadelphia late last month to lick their wounds from last November's election and plan party strategy. AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka did, too – and he didn't pull punches. He offered initial praise, then a tongue-lashing. ..
- Whitmer to building trades: ‘We put labor back where it belongs with a real seat at the table’
- Saved! Deluge of public comments sustain trades' apprenticeship programs
- State's new labor agency chief: 'organized labor helped build the middle class'
- Unions have one of our own at state labor agency
- Mackinac Straits Line 5 tunnel plans on course, Enbridge says
- Construction employment, spending, up to start 2020
- New McLaren hospital on the rise in Lansing
- News Briefs
- Trump seeks end to collective bargaining for Defense workers
- Big pension challenges remain on Capitol Hill