Michigan's jobless workers who are eligible for an increase in unemployment benefits should have started getting checks with the higher amount the week of May 6-10. ..
EAST CHINA TWP. - More power, produced by a 320-megawatt natural gas-fired plant that's currently under construction, is nearly ready to come on line in Michigan. ..
PERRY - A bigger and better training center for Michigan Laborers is open for business. ..
There's another welcome addition to the organized construction industry in Michigan. ..
SAGINAW - There are pros and cons about working in construction, and some school career counselors tend to focus on the negatives - if they mention the trades as a choice at all. ..
Iron Workers Local 25 member John LaPointe wasn't seeking any attention or recognition for his efforts helping in the search and rescue mission after the terrorist attacks at the World Trade Center site. ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center