The building trades can continue to have an informal working relationship with the United Brotherhood of Carpenters - which has withdrawn from the AFL-CIO - while talks continue among International Union leaders to get the Carpenters back in the fold of organized labor. ..
Tradesman Viewpoint ..
Workplace fatalities dropped in Michigan last year, and the trend is lower across the nation over the last two decades. ..
Consolidation is king for Delphi Automotive Systems, the world's largest auto supplier as the large supplier is bringing together its spread-out office space onto the campus of its headquarters building in Troy. ..
Writ Rowland, who designed the Guardian Building in Detroit, was said to be the last U.S. architect of the Art Deco era who had complete control over every aspect of his building's design, right down to the cigarette urns. ..
More than 30,000 Michigan contractors were sent a mailing this month from a partnership of state utilities encouraging them and their workers to dig safely this season. ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center