LANSING - More MIOSHA inspectors and stiffer penalties against companies that violate worker safety standards - those are two ever-present objectives of the building trades, and they're actually getting some attention in our state capitol. ..
When it comes to the frequency of workplace safety inspections in the U.S., Michigan stacks up pretty well. But it's another story when it comes to imposing fines on contractors who break the law. ..
The building trades honored local union officers who have gone on to the International Union on March 30, then used the proceeds from the luncheon to do some good back home. ..
MARQUETTE - The wrestling match is over, and the trestle that once supported thousands of ore-carrying railroad cars to and from the city's docks is permanently down for the count. ..
The Greater Detroit Building and Construction Trades Council, along with Detroit Public Schools and Barton Malow Co., were recipients of one of the 2000 GARDE Awards for work performed during the Detroit Public Schools Summer Emergency Maintenance Program. ..
- GOP rebukes Rep. Inman calls for his resignation after extortion charge
- Muskegon County, city, rescind prevailing wage
- 'Right-to-work' term deserves to be wrapped in quotations, journalists' bible says
- Down on the farm: more solar going up?
- There's a real link between suicide and construction
- NMU sees new energy with Northern Center
- News Briefs
- Painters have Mackinac Bridge covered
- GOP lawmaker indicted for alleged bribe over prevailing wage vote in 2018
- Whitmer urges DOL to widen eligibility for worker overtime wages