LANSING - Issues over construction worker wages are a constant target of Republicans in Michigan, whether it's in the form of proposals to repeal prevailing wage or to institute a right-to-work law. ..
LANSING - Congress has wrangled for years with creating a trust fund for victims of asbestos-related diseases, a group that includes tens of thousands of construction workers. Federal lawmakers have come close, but have so far been unable to agree on the amount of the trust fund and a way to determine who is sick enough to get the money. ..
MONROE - Detroit Edison's Monroe Power Plant is one of the largest coal-burning power plants in the nation - and it continues to be one of the largest ongoing construction employers in Michigan. ..
- Adherence to all safety policies, procedures, and MIOSHA standards.
- 100 percent fall protection over 6 feet, including steel erection and roof work.
- 100 percent eye protection.
- All crane operators will be Certified Crane Operators (CCO).
- Substance abuse testing through M.U.S.T. or equivalent program - adherence by all trade contractors.
- Pre-Task Analysis (PTA's) to be completed and submitted to WBM by contractors prior to beginning critical work.
- Contractors shall provide a Competent and/or Qualified Person for work operations as identified by MIOSHA standards and/or WBM.
- Partnering employers will uniformly enforce a disciplinary action plan for employees who fail to work in a safe manner. Automatic dismissal from this project shall result from any willful or deliberate violation of safety rules or safety polices and procedures. ..
SAGINAW TWP. - HealthSource Saginaw, construction manager Spence Brothers, its subcontractors and the building trades have embarked on Phase 1 of a $35 million building replacement and improvement project for HSS. ..
- GOP rebukes Rep. Inman calls for his resignation after extortion charge
- Muskegon County, city, rescind prevailing wage
- 'Right-to-work' term deserves to be wrapped in quotations, journalists' bible says
- Down on the farm: more solar going up?
- There's a real link between suicide and construction
- NMU sees new energy with Northern Center
- News Briefs
- Painters have Mackinac Bridge covered
- GOP lawmaker indicted for alleged bribe over prevailing wage vote in 2018
- Whitmer urges DOL to widen eligibility for worker overtime wages