WASHINGTON – In a remarkable turn of events and a rare, major victory for organized labor, the U.S. Senate voted on May 4 to block implementation of President Bush’s plan to deny overtime pay to hundreds of thousands of U.S. workers. ..
YPSILANTI – Formerly the linchpin of Michigan’s deserved reputation as the “Arsenal of Democracy,” where 8,684 B-24 Liberator bombers were built during World War II, the Willow Run assembly plant has over the years been reformatted and re-tooled for the building of a number of automotive products. ..
The building trades have worked to renovate and upgrade at the Willow Run plant a number of times over the years, but its basic design and purpose haven’t changed since it was built in 1942 ..
Will welding rod disease become the next asbestosis? ..
Welding is one of the most common tasks in the building trades. How concerned should construction workers be over welding fumes? ..
- Union voters help themselves on Election Day
- Marijuana legalization raises questions only the courts will answer
- State's new pot law lights up a few tokens of interest...
- BWL's substation offers high-voltage good looks
- Hopefully, just a little dip for Michigan construction
- We're still talking about putting asbestos in building products?!
- News Briefs
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades