WASHINGTON – In a remarkable turn of events and a rare, major victory for organized labor, the U.S. Senate voted on May 4 to block implementation of President Bush’s plan to deny overtime pay to hundreds of thousands of U.S. workers. ..
YPSILANTI – Formerly the linchpin of Michigan’s deserved reputation as the “Arsenal of Democracy,” where 8,684 B-24 Liberator bombers were built during World War II, the Willow Run assembly plant has over the years been reformatted and re-tooled for the building of a number of automotive products. ..
The building trades have worked to renovate and upgrade at the Willow Run plant a number of times over the years, but its basic design and purpose haven’t changed since it was built in 1942 ..
Will welding rod disease become the next asbestosis? ..
Welding is one of the most common tasks in the building trades. How concerned should construction workers be over welding fumes? ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center