WASHINGTON – In a remarkable turn of events and a rare, major victory for organized labor, the U.S. Senate voted on May 4 to block implementation of President Bush’s plan to deny overtime pay to hundreds of thousands of U.S. workers. ..
YPSILANTI – Formerly the linchpin of Michigan’s deserved reputation as the “Arsenal of Democracy,” where 8,684 B-24 Liberator bombers were built during World War II, the Willow Run assembly plant has over the years been reformatted and re-tooled for the building of a number of automotive products. ..
The building trades have worked to renovate and upgrade at the Willow Run plant a number of times over the years, but its basic design and purpose haven’t changed since it was built in 1942 ..
Will welding rod disease become the next asbestosis? ..
Welding is one of the most common tasks in the building trades. How concerned should construction workers be over welding fumes? ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction