WASHINGTON – In a remarkable turn of events and a rare, major victory for organized labor, the U.S. Senate voted on May 4 to block implementation of President Bush’s plan to deny overtime pay to hundreds of thousands of U.S. workers. ..
YPSILANTI – Formerly the linchpin of Michigan’s deserved reputation as the “Arsenal of Democracy,” where 8,684 B-24 Liberator bombers were built during World War II, the Willow Run assembly plant has over the years been reformatted and re-tooled for the building of a number of automotive products. ..
The building trades have worked to renovate and upgrade at the Willow Run plant a number of times over the years, but its basic design and purpose haven’t changed since it was built in 1942 ..
Will welding rod disease become the next asbestosis? ..
Welding is one of the most common tasks in the building trades. How concerned should construction workers be over welding fumes? ..
- Trump's NLRB again widens independent contractor rule
- State attorney general to review petition gathering restrictions
- WCCCD, trades, build space to play, learn and workout
- U.S. construction cost hikes are worrisome
- Persistent malaise vexes U.S. union membership
- News Briefs
- Lawsuit to reset prevailing wage law on hold in courts
- Fresh start for state governor, lawmakers, hopefully labor, too
- Last wintertime auto show bittersweet for display builders
- Unlikely RTW repeal measures introduced