WASHINGTON – In a remarkable turn of events and a rare, major victory for organized labor, the U.S. Senate voted on May 4 to block implementation of President Bush’s plan to deny overtime pay to hundreds of thousands of U.S. workers. ..
YPSILANTI – Formerly the linchpin of Michigan’s deserved reputation as the “Arsenal of Democracy,” where 8,684 B-24 Liberator bombers were built during World War II, the Willow Run assembly plant has over the years been reformatted and re-tooled for the building of a number of automotive products. ..
The building trades have worked to renovate and upgrade at the Willow Run plant a number of times over the years, but its basic design and purpose haven’t changed since it was built in 1942 ..
Will welding rod disease become the next asbestosis? ..
Welding is one of the most common tasks in the building trades. How concerned should construction workers be over welding fumes? ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin