Speaking at the memorial of the 29 miners killed in a West Virginia mine explosion, President Obama praised the risks the miners had taken daily to provide for their families. President Obama said, “So these miners lived – as they died – in pursuit of the American dream.” ..
LANSING – With no hope of seeing enhanced revenues through an increase in the state gas tax, and little movement on more road revenues from the federal government, the Michigan Department of Transportation on April 29 said it’s moving forward on a plan that’s bad news for the state’s crumbling roads – and the building trades. ..
DETROIT – Among the city’s impressive collection of high-rise downtown buildings, the 40-story Cadillac Tower owns a unique, albeit brief historical claim. ..
DETROIT – Construction of a new Detroit River International Crossing into Windsor is getting momentum, spurred along by the April 29 offer of $550 million to the State of Michigan by the government of Canada to get the ball rolling. The funds would be repaid by toll revenues. ..
We are not on the way to a double-dip recession, as some feared,” assured Ken Simonson on May 3. He cited statistics supporting three successive quarters of economic expansion in America. “The growth should be continuous for the rest of the year.” ..
BRIDGMAN – The D.C. Cook Nuclear Plant Unit 1 returned to service on April 9, following a 37-day refueling outage that employed more than 800 building trades workers. ..
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center
- Got milk? At Prairie Farms, it will be 'ultra' cold and long-lasting
- Producing national champs is getting routine for Local 169
- The union advantage elevates safety, too
- News Briefs
- Holiday events and activities mark Labor's day in Michigan
- Governor's race is labor's best chance to have impact again
- Beaumont, trades bring new vitality to former Botsford campus
- We must support candidates who will stand up for working men and women