MONROE - The Fermi 2 Nuclear Power Plant is capable of producing 1,130 megawatts of electricity - about one-tenth of DTE Energy's entire production capacity. So it doesn't take a nuclear scientist to figure out that it costs the utility big money to have the plant off line for any length of time. ..
With President Bush declaring major hostilities over in Iraq, his attention and that of the U.S. Congress has quickly moved to improving the state of the American economy. ..
On March 25, U.S. Senate Republicans voted unanimously to deny the extension of federal Unemployment Insurance benefits for six more months. There were 51 Republicans who voted against it and 48 Democrats who voted for the measure. ..
The annual NOVA Awards ceremony - the Nobel Prize for the construction industry - celebrates innovations that have had positive, important effects on the construction industry to improve quality and reduce costs. ..
Boilermakers Local 169 has come up with a simple, proactive plan to attract bright, motivated workers to their industry. ..
- Pelosi, building trades seek compromise on green construction that won't kill jobs
- Supreme Court sustains legal option for falsely accused jobless claimants
- Union contracts supercede medical/sick leave, comp time laws
- U.S. construction moves past rough patch
- Trades succeeding at EMU Success Center
- News Briefs
- ABC training remains consistent: They've been a constant failure
- EMU's Sill Hall ready for a reno
- 'We are going to build the tunnel' Maybe not Whitmer, Nessel slam brakes on Line 5 tunnel
- Proposed overtime pay rule has Chamber's fingerprints all over it