WASHINGTON (PAI) – The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) would get a 10% hike in its budget and staff, and a shift towards enforcement and away from ineffective GOP-pushed “voluntary compliance,” according to the detailed budget Democratic President Barack Obama sent to Congress on May 7. ..
Health and safety activist Jordan Barab assumed duties on April 13 as acting head of the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). He will lead the agency until a permanent director is chosen and then will become OSHA’s deputy assistant secretary on a permanent basis. ..
GRAND RAPIDS – More room and support for the life sciences is on the way in this city’s burgeoning medical corridor, in the ongoing eight-story, Phase II expansion of the Van Andel Institute. ..
BELLEVILLE – There’s new life for an old one-room schoolhouse on the grounds of Willow Run Airport, where in the future, aviation education and history will be on the classroom’s curriculum. ..
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades
- News Briefs
- Advocates urge expansion of OT pay rule
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?