WASHINGTON (PAI) – The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) would get a 10% hike in its budget and staff, and a shift towards enforcement and away from ineffective GOP-pushed “voluntary compliance,” according to the detailed budget Democratic President Barack Obama sent to Congress on May 7. ..
Health and safety activist Jordan Barab assumed duties on April 13 as acting head of the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). He will lead the agency until a permanent director is chosen and then will become OSHA’s deputy assistant secretary on a permanent basis. ..
GRAND RAPIDS – More room and support for the life sciences is on the way in this city’s burgeoning medical corridor, in the ongoing eight-story, Phase II expansion of the Van Andel Institute. ..
BELLEVILLE – There’s new life for an old one-room schoolhouse on the grounds of Willow Run Airport, where in the future, aviation education and history will be on the classroom’s curriculum. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin