WASHINGTON (PAI) – The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) would get a 10% hike in its budget and staff, and a shift towards enforcement and away from ineffective GOP-pushed “voluntary compliance,” according to the detailed budget Democratic President Barack Obama sent to Congress on May 7. ..
Health and safety activist Jordan Barab assumed duties on April 13 as acting head of the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). He will lead the agency until a permanent director is chosen and then will become OSHA’s deputy assistant secretary on a permanent basis. ..
GRAND RAPIDS – More room and support for the life sciences is on the way in this city’s burgeoning medical corridor, in the ongoing eight-story, Phase II expansion of the Van Andel Institute. ..
BELLEVILLE – There’s new life for an old one-room schoolhouse on the grounds of Willow Run Airport, where in the future, aviation education and history will be on the classroom’s curriculum. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction