LANSING – More money to improve Michigan’s crumbling roads and repair its bridges seems to be on the way, as the state House on May 12 adopted a 10-bill package that adds $450 million to the Michigan Department of Transportation budget. ..
LANSING – Maybe, maybe, Michigan should raise the minimum wage. But only on the terms of the state Republican lawmakers. ..
KALAMAZOO – Michigan’s top pipe trades apprentices turned in their best efforts in welding, plumbing, HVAC service and pipefitting May 1-2 during the annual statewide apprenticeship contest. ..
It’s five o’clock somewhere. And maybe there’s a construction worker shortage, too, somewhere. But it’s not significant in the U.S., and it’s not very widespread. ..
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Talks in Congress on how to fix the financial mess involving the nation’s multiemployer pension plans are well under way. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin