Our look at the history of the Empire and Tilden mines in the Upper Peninsula comes at a time of tremendous uncertainty and turmoil in an industry that has an almost seamless tie with mining: the manufacturing of steel. ..
Michigan has a heavy metal heritage. ..
"If I went to a school like this, imagine how smart I would be," one Local 58 retiree joked during the May 12 open house/dedication at the IBEW/NECA Apprenticeship Training Center in Warren. ..
FLINT - The last major section of steel was installed at Mott Community College's Regional Technology Center on May 15, moving the school a step forward toward supplying trained workers to the organizations that need them. ..
No matter how you cut it or apply it, and no matter how large an ego the installer might have, most tile jobs are not a piece of art. ..
LANSING - Legislation is in the works to improve worker safety by getting tough on employers who break state safety laws. ..
- GOP rebukes Rep. Inman calls for his resignation after extortion charge
- Muskegon County, city, rescind prevailing wage
- 'Right-to-work' term deserves to be wrapped in quotations, journalists' bible says
- Down on the farm: more solar going up?
- There's a real link between suicide and construction
- NMU sees new energy with Northern Center
- News Briefs
- Painters have Mackinac Bridge covered
- GOP lawmaker indicted for alleged bribe over prevailing wage vote in 2018
- Whitmer urges DOL to widen eligibility for worker overtime wages