Our look at the history of the Empire and Tilden mines in the Upper Peninsula comes at a time of tremendous uncertainty and turmoil in an industry that has an almost seamless tie with mining: the manufacturing of steel. ..
Michigan has a heavy metal heritage. ..
"If I went to a school like this, imagine how smart I would be," one Local 58 retiree joked during the May 12 open house/dedication at the IBEW/NECA Apprenticeship Training Center in Warren. ..
FLINT - The last major section of steel was installed at Mott Community College's Regional Technology Center on May 15, moving the school a step forward toward supplying trained workers to the organizations that need them. ..
No matter how you cut it or apply it, and no matter how large an ego the installer might have, most tile jobs are not a piece of art. ..
LANSING - Legislation is in the works to improve worker safety by getting tough on employers who break state safety laws. ..
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center
- Got milk? At Prairie Farms, it will be 'ultra' cold and long-lasting
- Producing national champs is getting routine for Local 169
- The union advantage elevates safety, too
- News Briefs
- Holiday events and activities mark Labor's day in Michigan
- Governor's race is labor's best chance to have impact again
- Beaumont, trades bring new vitality to former Botsford campus
- We must support candidates who will stand up for working men and women