Our look at the history of the Empire and Tilden mines in the Upper Peninsula comes at a time of tremendous uncertainty and turmoil in an industry that has an almost seamless tie with mining: the manufacturing of steel. ..
Michigan has a heavy metal heritage. ..
"If I went to a school like this, imagine how smart I would be," one Local 58 retiree joked during the May 12 open house/dedication at the IBEW/NECA Apprenticeship Training Center in Warren. ..
FLINT - The last major section of steel was installed at Mott Community College's Regional Technology Center on May 15, moving the school a step forward toward supplying trained workers to the organizations that need them. ..
No matter how you cut it or apply it, and no matter how large an ego the installer might have, most tile jobs are not a piece of art. ..
LANSING - Legislation is in the works to improve worker safety by getting tough on employers who break state safety laws. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin