Our look at the history of the Empire and Tilden mines in the Upper Peninsula comes at a time of tremendous uncertainty and turmoil in an industry that has an almost seamless tie with mining: the manufacturing of steel. ..
Michigan has a heavy metal heritage. ..
"If I went to a school like this, imagine how smart I would be," one Local 58 retiree joked during the May 12 open house/dedication at the IBEW/NECA Apprenticeship Training Center in Warren. ..
FLINT - The last major section of steel was installed at Mott Community College's Regional Technology Center on May 15, moving the school a step forward toward supplying trained workers to the organizations that need them. ..
No matter how you cut it or apply it, and no matter how large an ego the installer might have, most tile jobs are not a piece of art. ..
LANSING - Legislation is in the works to improve worker safety by getting tough on employers who break state safety laws. ..
- Trump's NLRB again widens independent contractor rule
- State attorney general to review petition gathering restrictions
- WCCCD, trades, build space to play, learn and workout
- U.S. construction cost hikes are worrisome
- Persistent malaise vexes U.S. union membership
- News Briefs
- Lawsuit to reset prevailing wage law on hold in courts
- Fresh start for state governor, lawmakers, hopefully labor, too
- Last wintertime auto show bittersweet for display builders
- Unlikely RTW repeal measures introduced