(PAI) - Some union employees of United Airlines had their financial world rocked earlier this month when a federal bankruptcy judge allowed the struggling airline to dump a record $6.6 billion in pension obligations onto the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. (PBGC). ..
Are building trades union pensions next? ..
Construction-wise, there's not much we can say about the new Detroit Branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago. ..
HOLT - A dramatic jump in the number of fatalities associated with work zone crashes in Michigan prompted Transportation Director Gloria Jeff to make a symbolic change in her office location on May 11. ..
Building trades workers and prime contractor Jamar performed a significant amount of maintenance work and pollution control upgrades over the last several months in an effort to further clear the air at the Cliffs Michigan Mining Company's Tilden (West) operation, west of Marquette. ..
The Van Andel Institute in Grand Rapids will double in size with construction costs in the $120-150 million range, according to plans released May 17. ..
- Pelosi, building trades seek compromise on green construction that won't kill jobs
- Supreme Court sustains legal option for falsely accused jobless claimants
- Union contracts supercede medical/sick leave, comp time laws
- U.S. construction moves past rough patch
- Trades succeeding at EMU Success Center
- News Briefs
- ABC training remains consistent: They've been a constant failure
- EMU's Sill Hall ready for a reno
- 'We are going to build the tunnel' Maybe not Whitmer, Nessel slam brakes on Line 5 tunnel
- Proposed overtime pay rule has Chamber's fingerprints all over it