ANN ARBOR – Structurally, a bigger Big House is in place. Now the building trades, Barton Malow and its subcontractors are working against the clock to have the multitude of detail work at Michigan Stadium ready for its first game against the Connecticut Huskies on Sept. 4. ..
Last year at this time, the full effect of the recession hadn’t quite flattened the entire U.S. construction industry. ..
Construction firms added 14,000 new jobs in April, the second consecutive month of employment gains for the industry, according to an analysis of federal figures released May 7 by the Associated General Contractors of America. ..
U.S. construction industry activity dropped 9 percent from March to April, and through the first four months of the year, was essentially flat compared to the same period a year ago. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin