LANSING - With a little pressure from the building trades, this may be the best chance yet to improve the sanitary conditions on Michigan's construction sites. ..
Editor's note: Passage of the Employee Free Choice Act is seen as the single most important issue for organized labor after the November elections. Passage of the Act is expected to even the playing field during union organizing efforts. ..
WASHINGTON - "Economic data have long demonstrated a substantial wage premium for unionized workers" - on the order of 10 to 20 percent - for average U.S. workers, said a new study by the progressive Center for Economic and Policy Research. ..
By Mark Breslin
Twelfth in a Series ..
DETROIT - The three-day Union Industry Show made a return engagement to Cobo Center May 16-18, showcasing services and products by organized labor. ..
Anticipated power plant construction, as well as maintenance and expansion of existing boilers around Michigan, is expected to bring about a boom in the need for welders during the next decade. ..
- Pelosi, building trades seek compromise on green construction that won't kill jobs
- Supreme Court sustains legal option for falsely accused jobless claimants
- Union contracts supercede medical/sick leave, comp time laws
- U.S. construction moves past rough patch
- Trades succeeding at EMU Success Center
- News Briefs
- ABC training remains consistent: They've been a constant failure
- EMU's Sill Hall ready for a reno
- 'We are going to build the tunnel' Maybe not Whitmer, Nessel slam brakes on Line 5 tunnel
- Proposed overtime pay rule has Chamber's fingerprints all over it