LANSING - With a little pressure from the building trades, this may be the best chance yet to improve the sanitary conditions on Michigan's construction sites. ..
Editor's note: Passage of the Employee Free Choice Act is seen as the single most important issue for organized labor after the November elections. Passage of the Act is expected to even the playing field during union organizing efforts. ..
WASHINGTON - "Economic data have long demonstrated a substantial wage premium for unionized workers" - on the order of 10 to 20 percent - for average U.S. workers, said a new study by the progressive Center for Economic and Policy Research. ..
By Mark Breslin
Twelfth in a Series ..
DETROIT - The three-day Union Industry Show made a return engagement to Cobo Center May 16-18, showcasing services and products by organized labor. ..
Anticipated power plant construction, as well as maintenance and expansion of existing boilers around Michigan, is expected to bring about a boom in the need for welders during the next decade. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction