Labor law reform will pass in 2009. The time is right. ..
MASON – Despite a lobbying campaign by the anti-union Associated Builders and Contractors, “it appears that there is support” by a majority of the Ingham County Board of Commissioners for passage of a project labor agreement governing construction work sponsored by the county. ..
DETROIT – Walbridge and the building trades have made a veritable blank slate out of the massive Argonaut Building, and are ready to transform it into modern space for the College for Creative Studies. ..
The defection of a Republican Pennsylvania senator to the Democratic Party could have profound implications for the labor movement in the U.S. Or not. ..
Economically, Michigan is as sick as they come. So would instituting a union-killing, wage-lowering right-to-work law open the door to new businesses and return the state to fiscal prosperity? ..
Since 2003, South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford has turned the state into a petri dish for what hard-core conservatism – slashed taxes, shrunken government, cut regulations – would look like. With a Republican-controlled legislature, he’s had pretty much free rein to enact the basic policies conservatives argue would make an economy thrive. ..
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades
- News Briefs
- Advocates urge expansion of OT pay rule
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?