LANSING - Republicans in both the state House and Senate have made repeal of the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act of 1965 their top priority in 2015 - with the first three bills in each chamber that were introduced last month related to canceling the law. ..
WASHINGTON, D.C. – A small attachment to a large $1.1 trillion spending package which passed Congress this month could be the first step toward improving protections for financially troubled multiemployer pension plans. But it’s also likely to bring financial pain to some pensioners. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction