WASHINGTON - By popular demand, prevailing wage rules are making a return engagement to the Gulf Coast region. ..
This is first in a series of articles about the fair enforcement of Michigan's Prevailing Wage Act of 1965. It talks about improvements in the complaint and prevailing wage interpretation process - matters of vital importance to Michigan construction workers. (Editor) ..
The world's second largest crawler crane last month was used to pick up and place a 508,000-lb. vacuum tower at the Marathon Petroleum Co. refinery in southwest Detroit, capping a massive two-year construction project aimed at increasing the plant's refining capacity. ..
The Michigan Apprenticeship Steering Committee Inc. (MASCI) 2005 Apprentice of the Year award goes to… Scott Daly of IBEW Local 58. ..
John M. Hamilton, Business Manager of Operating Engineers Local 324, was elected vice president of the 2005 North/Central States Conference, which was held in St. Louis Oct. 2-5. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - Despite labor lobbying, the Senate again voted, on Oct. 19, not to raise the minimum wage. ..
Consumers Energy began planning in 2000 how to reduce emissions from its Karn/Weadock Generating Complex in Hampton Township to meet new EPA requirements. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin