(By Mark Gruenberg, PAI Staff Writer) ..
WASHINGTON, D.C. – A brighter construction industry outlook in 2011? Bring it on. ..
DETROIT – A $505 million capital improvement bond issue approved a year ago by Detroit voters is starting to translate into a wide swath of construction projects to improve the city’s schools, while providing jobs for the building trades. ..
Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) leadership have announced their plans for a $1.38 billion investment in the 2011 statewide Highway Program. ..
U.S. health care costs have mostly defied the laws of gravity in recent years, and 2011 is expected to be no different. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin