WASHINGTON (PAI) - After more than a year of work, a joint union-management group, the National Coordinating Committee for Multi-Employer Plans (NCCMP) proposed changes to laws covering multi-employer pension plans. The plans cover more than 10 million workers, mostly in construction but also in other industries. ..
MARQUETTE - Progress at the largest ongoing construction projects in the U.P. - the Eagle Mine and Humboldt Mill - "remains on schedule and budget," says the owner of the properties. ..
As if our federal government weren't divided enough, now a national right-to-work law is being pushed by Republican leaders in Congress. ..
LANSING - Michigan House Democrats were united in opposition to a pair of bills that eases state regulations on installers of residential chair lifts and platform lifts. ..
- Pelosi, building trades seek compromise on green construction that won't kill jobs
- Supreme Court sustains legal option for falsely accused jobless claimants
- Union contracts supercede medical/sick leave, comp time laws
- U.S. construction moves past rough patch
- Trades succeeding at EMU Success Center
- News Briefs
- ABC training remains consistent: They've been a constant failure
- EMU's Sill Hall ready for a reno
- 'We are going to build the tunnel' Maybe not Whitmer, Nessel slam brakes on Line 5 tunnel
- Proposed overtime pay rule has Chamber's fingerprints all over it