WASHINGTON (PAI) - After more than a year of work, a joint union-management group, the National Coordinating Committee for Multi-Employer Plans (NCCMP) proposed changes to laws covering multi-employer pension plans. The plans cover more than 10 million workers, mostly in construction but also in other industries. ..
MARQUETTE - Progress at the largest ongoing construction projects in the U.P. - the Eagle Mine and Humboldt Mill - "remains on schedule and budget," says the owner of the properties. ..
As if our federal government weren't divided enough, now a national right-to-work law is being pushed by Republican leaders in Congress. ..
LANSING - Michigan House Democrats were united in opposition to a pair of bills that eases state regulations on installers of residential chair lifts and platform lifts. ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved