WASHINGTON (PAI) - After more than a year of work, a joint union-management group, the National Coordinating Committee for Multi-Employer Plans (NCCMP) proposed changes to laws covering multi-employer pension plans. The plans cover more than 10 million workers, mostly in construction but also in other industries. ..
MARQUETTE - Progress at the largest ongoing construction projects in the U.P. - the Eagle Mine and Humboldt Mill - "remains on schedule and budget," says the owner of the properties. ..
As if our federal government weren't divided enough, now a national right-to-work law is being pushed by Republican leaders in Congress. ..
LANSING - Michigan House Democrats were united in opposition to a pair of bills that eases state regulations on installers of residential chair lifts and platform lifts. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin