Congress extends jobless benefits ..
There are no less than six proposals to build new coal-burning power plants in Michigan, and getting any one of them to start moving dirt would be a virtual lock to employ hundreds or thousands of construction workers for months on end. ..
LANSING – Unless there’s a sharp U-turn in Michigan’s economic fortunes, the state’s roads and bridges are course for further deterioration – and that’s a job-killer for the building trades. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) – As the threat of swine flu outbreaks forcing workers to stay home, unpaid, for long periods of time, the Obama administration is openly endorsing paid family and medical leave for workers. ..
- Pelosi, building trades seek compromise on green construction that won't kill jobs
- Supreme Court sustains legal option for falsely accused jobless claimants
- Union contracts supercede medical/sick leave, comp time laws
- U.S. construction moves past rough patch
- Trades succeeding at EMU Success Center
- News Briefs
- ABC training remains consistent: They've been a constant failure
- EMU's Sill Hall ready for a reno
- 'We are going to build the tunnel' Maybe not Whitmer, Nessel slam brakes on Line 5 tunnel
- Proposed overtime pay rule has Chamber's fingerprints all over it