Congress extends jobless benefits ..
There are no less than six proposals to build new coal-burning power plants in Michigan, and getting any one of them to start moving dirt would be a virtual lock to employ hundreds or thousands of construction workers for months on end. ..
LANSING – Unless there’s a sharp U-turn in Michigan’s economic fortunes, the state’s roads and bridges are course for further deterioration – and that’s a job-killer for the building trades. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) – As the threat of swine flu outbreaks forcing workers to stay home, unpaid, for long periods of time, the Obama administration is openly endorsing paid family and medical leave for workers. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin