LANSING – There’s a good chance that a lid will be kept on incessant calls from some within the state’s Republican caucus to repeal the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act in the state Legislature’s lame duck session, which will wrap up some time in December . ..
The Michigan GOP enters the upcoming lame duck session knowing they will have a super-majority next year after the pickup of four house seats and one senate seat in the general election. Thirty legislators will have one more chance to make a mark on the state before they return to civilian life due to term limits. ..
WASHINGTON – U.S. construction starts will rise a healthy 9 percent to $612 billion next year, according to the 2015 Dodge Construction Outlook released Nov. 6 by Dodge Data & Analytics. That’s following an anticipated 5 percent gain in 2014, and solid gains each year since 2012. ..
LANSING – Michigan’s voters have had a good look from 2010-2014 at what total Republican control of state government looks like. Michigan being made into a right-to-work state. Permanent reduction of jobless from 26 weeks to 20 weeks. New rules that make it nearly impossible for injured employees to get workers compensation benefits. Higher taxes on senior pensions, lower taxes for corporations. ..
WARREN – Retired Sheet Metal Workers Local 80 Training Director Steve Murzen certainly left his mark on the union’s Training Center. And now there’s a sign to affirm it. ..
ANN ARBOR – Year Two was even better than Year One for IBEW Local 252, when it came to raising money for breast cancer research at the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center on Oct. 30. ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center