LANSING – House Bill 5002 is the latest and one of the nastiest pieces of anti-worker legislation that state Republican lawmakers are considering. ..
LANSING – Asbestos-related disease victims and their families would continue to be victimized by the Michigan Legislature with the potential passage of a proposed law that would limit the liability of certain “successor companies” involved in the sale or use of asbestos-related products. ..
ANN ARBOR – “We wouldn’t mind another one of these,” said Plumbers and Pipe Fitters Local 190 Business Manager Kevin Groeb. Who wouldn’t? ..
LANSING – A key vote that would further the process of building a second bridge over the Detroit River failed Oct. 19 in the state Senate Economic Development Committee. ..
SOUTHFIELD – Gov. Rick Snyder’s long-awaited plan to improve road, bridge and infrastructure funding in Michigan would inject an additional $1 billion per year into the construction industry. ..
MARQUETTE – The building trades have taken up residence on the city’s Lake Superior waterfront, building a new hotel at Founders Landing. ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center