LANSING – House Bill 5002 is the latest and one of the nastiest pieces of anti-worker legislation that state Republican lawmakers are considering. ..
LANSING – Asbestos-related disease victims and their families would continue to be victimized by the Michigan Legislature with the potential passage of a proposed law that would limit the liability of certain “successor companies” involved in the sale or use of asbestos-related products. ..
ANN ARBOR – “We wouldn’t mind another one of these,” said Plumbers and Pipe Fitters Local 190 Business Manager Kevin Groeb. Who wouldn’t? ..
LANSING – A key vote that would further the process of building a second bridge over the Detroit River failed Oct. 19 in the state Senate Economic Development Committee. ..
SOUTHFIELD – Gov. Rick Snyder’s long-awaited plan to improve road, bridge and infrastructure funding in Michigan would inject an additional $1 billion per year into the construction industry. ..
MARQUETTE – The building trades have taken up residence on the city’s Lake Superior waterfront, building a new hotel at Founders Landing. ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved