Construction employment again declined in large numbers in all but one state this September compared to last year, according to an analysis of new state-by-state employment figures released Oct. 21 by the federal government. ..
By Mark Ayers
AFL-CIO Building Trades Department ..
SAGINAW – The 2.2 million-gallon north pond on the campus of Saginaw Valley State University provides a home to bluegill, crappie and other aquatic life, but next year, it’s going to do what no other pond has ever done in the State of Michigan. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) – President Barack Obama’s three nominees – two Democrats and one Republican – to fill vacant seats on the National Labor Relations Board are one step closer to sitting in those chairs. ..
SOUTHFIELD – Someday, maybe the efforts of people who helped build the city Fire Department’s new rescue simulator will help save the life of a fellow construction worker in need of rescue. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction