DETROIT – The American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan and a coalition of labor unions filed a motion Oct. 29 asking a court to rule that state officials blatantly violated the Open Meetings Act when they locked the public out of the state Capitol Building in 2012 as lawmakers deliberated over the controversial right-to-work law. ..
Construction industry personnel shortages wasn’t the only thing on the minds of U.S. contractors responding to the Associated General Contractors industry survey, released Oct. 22. ..
DETROIT – “One District. Many opportunities.” That was the theme placed on the “Detroit Resident Career Opportunity Expo” held Oct. 28 at Cobo Center. ..
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center
- Got milk? At Prairie Farms, it will be 'ultra' cold and long-lasting
- Producing national champs is getting routine for Local 169
- The union advantage elevates safety, too
- News Briefs
- Holiday events and activities mark Labor's day in Michigan
- Governor's race is labor's best chance to have impact again
- Beaumont, trades bring new vitality to former Botsford campus
- We must support candidates who will stand up for working men and women