The State of Michigan is offering jobless workers a way of cutting through unemployment lines by filing their claims for jobless benefits through the mail. ..
LANSING - With the general election over (results weren't available at press time), state legislators are turning their attention to some pending business in the lame duck legislative session that extends through the end of this year. ..
The first trickle of Compuware employees will begin to inhabit the company's new 15-story Detroit headquarters building next month, signaling the beginning of the end of the construction process for a high-rise building that is notable for a number of reasons. ..
LANSING - "Lame-duck" sessions of the legislature - the period after an early-November election but before the new lawmakers come into office in early January - are often unpredictable and unsettling periods for making laws. ..
HOWELL - As iron framework goes, the 50-ft. by 75-ft. by 60-ft. high structure at the Operating Engineers Local 324 Training Center is pretty modest compared to the steel on some of the huge buildings they're accustomed to erecting. ..
At a time when charitable giving is down around the country, volunteers came out in droves to help support the Detroit Heat's On program last month. ..
Did you know that 75% of all Americans are chronically dehydrated? ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction