Over the last two months, most of the country - and amazingly, the U.S. Congress - have managed to put political ideology aside. ..
Construction activity is flowing along nicely at the Water Works Park II project, where the building trades and their contractors are completely replacing the water filtration and pumping system that serves four million Metro Detroiters. ..
Union members were a major help in the search and cleanup effort in the aftermath of the terrorist attack of World Trade Center towers. Here in Michigan, they're getting themselves ready to be involved in the cleanup of another terrorist threat: biological weapons. ..
Donations and hard work from the building trades, contractors and contractor associations are helping to bring a new domestic shelter to life. ..
A newly released, sweeping report by the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) confirms that of all the hazards U.S. construction workers face, falls account for the most fatalities. ..
Most occupational safety experts now say that the best way to reduce occupational hearing loss is to lower noise levels at the source of the noise, through better engineering of power tools and machinery. ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center